On April 19, the journalist Estíbaliz Ruiz de Azúa from Álava was in charge of the proclamation announcing the feasts of San Prudencio and Nuestra Señora de Estíbaliz, patrons of the territory of Álava. Celebrations that have their big day this Thursday and Friday, 27 and 28 of April, and Monday, day of May, in Estíbaliz.
On Thursday, April 27, in the Plaza de España in Vitoria-Gasteiz, the ‘Retreta de San Prudencio’ will be held from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at 9:00 p.m., from the Plaza de la Provincia, to continue the retreat with performances by the Gasteiz Big Band and the choreographies of Algara. The tamborrada will happen at 23.30 hours and will continue until 2.30 in the morning with the concentration of Gastronomic Societies and later parade through the streets of the medieval center and downtown of Vitoria-Gasteiz. The popular verbena will start at 1.00 o’clock in the morning in the Plaza del Arca with Joselu Anaiak.
Already on Friday, April 28, is celebrated mainly the pilgrimage to Armentia with exhibition of herri kirolak, performance of dantzaris, aurresku of honor, mass, concert and degumming of Basque products.
The txikis (little boys and girls) take the witness on Friday 28 and celebrate the children’s tamborrada from 18.00 to 20.30 hours on the way from Doña Atxanda Tower to Plaza de la Provincia.
The party is transferred to Estíbaliz for May 1st with the open air painting competition, the culinary with potato from Álava, various masses, loose dance championship and aurresku of Álava, exhibition of herri kirolak (basque sports) ….
You can not miss it:
• Hear drums of tamborrada in the Plaza de la Provincia on the night of April 27.
• Walk to “El Santo” for the walk to Armentia, on Friday 28.
• Eat a stalk with sausage in the Armentia fields and enjoy the atmosphere.
• Taste a scrambled perretxikos (spring Basque mushroom) and a dish of snails, the most typical.
• Enjoy day 1 of the natural environment that surrounds the sanctuary of Our Lady of Estíbaliz, jewel of the Romanesque.