San Sebastian

Aquarium San Sebastian


Aquarium San Sebastian, on the building called the “Palace of the Sea”, and known popularly as the “Aquarium”, was inaugurated in 1928 and is the headquarters of the Oceanographic Society of Gipuzkoa.

The building was designed by the architect Juan Carlos Guerra. The new extension, which tripled the amount of exhibition space previously available, was opened to the public in 1998.

This new facility is one of the most advanced in Europe and is the only Aquarium equipped with an underwater tunnel that allows 360° viewing.