San Sebastian

The Maria Cristina Bridge

In 1893, a provisional wooden bridge was built to provide direct access from the city centre to the Estación del Norte train station, the bullring and the velodrome.

The final bridge was opened on 20th January 1905 for San Sebastián Day.

The bridge is known for its four impressive obelisks, one in either corner, measuring 18 metres in height and crowned by groups of sculptures.